Visiting the church is free of charge.
The church is always open.
The Parish of Konjice, with its venerable history, goes so far back that it is called Archdiocese. It separated itself from the Parish of Hoče between 1085 and 1096.
The proof of the age of the Parish of Konjice is first mentioned in 1146 in the Charter of the Patriarch of Pellegrinus of Aquileia. On the basis of it, Slovenske Konjice celebrated its 870th anniversary a few years ago.
The Konjice church dates even further back
The first Konjice church definitely stood before the Charter of Pellegrinus, and the new one is its successor.
The unusual status of Archdiocese and Archdeacon
The Parish of Konjice has the status of Archdiocese because of Dr. Michael Napotnik, the local who was Prince-Bishop of Lavant. On the basis of the apostolic letter from Pope Pius X. in 1910, every Archpriest of Slovenske Konjice is entitled to the title of Archdeacon, according to which he may carry certain insignia of a bishop.
What does the Church of St. George have to offer: