The church, attended by the citizens of municipality of Oplotnica, is actually located in Čadram. The first old Čadram church, which no longer exists, was built somewhere in the early Gothic period, and the first records of it were found in 1487. The newer Church of St. John the Baptist, still known today, was built from 1895 to 1899.
Interesting facts about the Church of St. John the Baptist:
- Due to the poor condition of the medieval church, it was demolished in 1937. The money from the sale of the the old church's material was used to build an 8-meter-long chapel that could accommodate up to 50 people in the same place. However, it also ended up rather badly, since it was demolished by the Germans during the war.
- The creation of the first church is linked to the Žiče Charterhouse due to the year of its creation, the ownership of the land at that time and the name of the church.
- The new Church of St. John the Baptist was not built on the site of its predecessor from the Middle Ages.
- The floor plan of the church is designed in the form of a Latin cross.
- The new church preserves the real medieval cross path and mission cross from the old church.
- The church is one of the largest and most beautiful churches in the Diocese of Maribor.